- Max. Altitude in the Trek: Tilicho Lake (4919m). If you continue the Annapurna Circuit, the highest point will be Thorang La Pass (5416 meters)
- Best Travel Time: February to Mid-June (Travelling at this time will offer you green views and clear mountains)
- September – November (Travelling in this time is the best, as you will get the opportunity to glance snowcapped mountains from a closer view),
- Dec-January: If you love snowfall and full snowy surrounding this is a perfect time, during this time Tilicho Lake is completely frozen.
- Equipment that needs to be brought or rented:
- You have to bring clothing and gear on your own depending upon which season you are travelling. A pair of trekking stick, comfortable bag pack (minimum of 45 L.), headlamp and binocular will suffice. If you are intending to buy all those stuff in Kathmandu, there are plenty of shops in Thamel where you can buy or have those gears on rent.
Tilicho Lake is best renowned for being the lake located at the highest altitude in the world. This heavenly place is situated at Manang district of Nepal, below the lap of Annapurna range. Tilicho Lake can be believed as a pin attraction for Annapurna Circuit trek, located at the height of 4919 meters. This magnificent lake is formed out of the glacial activity of Tilicho peak and is famous among many Hindu pilgrims as it has huge importance from the religious point too. According to Hindu holy book Ramayana, Tilicho Lake is the ancient Kak Bhusundi Lake. It is believed near this lake sage Kak Bhusundi first told the happenings of Ramayana to King of birds, Garuda.
Tilicho Lake trek offers you 360 degree of Annapurna circuit range including the giant Annapurna peak, Muktinath peak, Khangsar peak, Nilgiri and Tilicho peak including a variety of cultural diversity. Tilicho Lake Trek's starting point is Besisahar, a small city located at a central part of Nepal on the bay of Marsyangi River Valley. From Besisahar you would be blessed with a mesmerizing view of Himal Chuli and Manaslu Himal. On the way to Tilicho Lake, you will get the opportunity to see wild animals and birds, Blue Sheep and Himalayan Thar are among the common animals that you can see during your trek. Feel lucky if you got a glimpse Snow leopard, which is very rare to less than 10,000 mature individuals in numbers.
After conquering Tilicho Lake, you can go beyond Mesokanta La Pass that ends to Jomsom or can get back to Yak Kharka for another route via Thorang La Pass which also ends to Himalayan city Jomson. Thorong La Pass is located at the height of 5416 and is the highest point on the Annapurna Circuit. Trekking on this route will give you the experience of greenery vegetation to harsh semi-desert to finally highest trekking passes of the world.
Day 01: - Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
Day 02: - Recreational round tour of the capital valley Kathmandu
Day 03: - Drive from Kathmandu to Chame:
Day 04: - Chame to Manang:
Day 05: - Acclimatization day at Manang
Day 06: - Manang trek to Khangsar village
Day 7: - Khangsar Village to Tilicho Lake base camp
Day 8: - Tilicho Base camp to Tilicho Lake and back to Tilicho base camp
Day 9: - Tilicho base camp to Khangsar Village
Day 10: Khangsar to Besisahar
Day 11: Besisahar to Kathmandu