||Trekking in Nepal
|Max Altitude (in meteres)
Standard hotel /teahouse during the trek.
All meals( breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Rara Lake Trek is a cultural and scenic adventure in the far north-west of Nepal. The trek takes you through Jumla and Mugu district. Rara Lake is spread across 9.8 km2 at an altitude of 2990m.
The trek to the remote Rara Lake begins with a scenic flight to Nepalgunj city following a short flight to Jumla. Rara National Park protects Rara Lake and is covered with coniferous forest, blue pine, black juniper, Himalayan spruce, and other vegetations. The mountain range circles the lake making it a beautiful and unique phenomenon in nature. The national park has a diverse flora and fauna that continuously provides energy and excitement to your trek.
You will have an amazing experience on the way to Rara Lake and back. The spectacular scenery is surrounded with complete wilderness and views of distant mountains, and green hills. Witnessing the mountain lifestyle, culture, and the people at higher altitude is a whole new experience to have.
- Arrival in Kathmandu Valley (1300m
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley and Flight to Nepalgunj
- Flight to Jumla and Trek to Charya Chaur (2800m)
- Trek to Unnamed Pass (3500m)
- Trek to Sinja Khola (2440m) to Botan (2680m)
- Trek to Ghorasain (3190m)
- Trek to Rara Lake (2980m)
- Rest and excursion around the lake
- Trek to Pina (2580m) via Jhyari [5 hours]
- Trek to Chauta (2770m) [6 hours]
- Trek to Tharamara (3270m) [6 hours]
- Trek back to Jumla
- Flight to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
- Rest and Sightseeing
- International Departure
Arrival in Kathmandu Valley (1300m)
You will be picked up by our representatives at Tribhuwan International Airport after you’ve landed in Kathmandu valley. You will then be transferred to a hotel where you can refresh yourself. Our guide will greet and brief you on the culture, and regarding your trek.
Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley and Flight to Nepalgunj
After your breakfast, our guide will take you on a short tour of the popular destinations in Kathmandu. The holy land of Lord Shiva, the Pashupatinath, the Monkey Temple (Swayambhunath), and Bouddhanath (Little Tibet) can be visited in a short duration.
You will get back to the hotel and pack your gears for your trek. Through a short afternoon flight, you will reach Nepalgunj for overnight stay.
Flight to Jumla and Trek to Charya Chaur (2800m)
After your breakfast, you will head for a short scenic flight to Jumla. The airport of Jumla rests on a large hill and you will pass through amazing scenery. Our trekking staff will pick you and trek you through farm villages reaching Charya Chaur for first overnight camping.
Trek to Unnamed Pass (3500m)
After the wonderful overnight camping, you will trek uphill walking into a forest of rhododendron, birch, and pine. A short hike through the forests leads to a small pass called Jaljala Bhanjyang. The pass offers wonderful views of Kanjiroba Himal. The trek continues downhill and reaches a large grassy field. The field appears out of nowhere and so derives its name. You will stay overnight in this summer pasture.
Trek to Sinja Khola (2440m) to Botan (2680m)
Morning trek will descend to Sinja Khola. You will follow the Jaljala stream into a dense forest of pine. The forest leads to Sinja village through the terraced farms. The village was an old kingdom many years ago and you can find ancient rundowns, ruins, monuments and old sculptures covered with thick moss and weeds. Walking upstream from Sinja village leads to Ganji. You will rest for a while and pass through the gorge to camp overnight at Botan village
Trek to Ghorasain (3190m)
After a steady walk for a few hours, you will reach Ghorsain near the entrance of the Rara National Park. The trek passes through Ghatte Khola, wonderful farmlands, and primitive water mills. You will shortly reach your destination in Ghorassain and can relax or take a leisure walk around the place.
Trek to Rara Lake (2980m)
You will walk into the tranquil area heading uphill to Chuchemara Danda (4260m) with amazing views of landscapes, and snow-capped mountains. Next, you will descend through the dense forest of bamboo and birch trees. Crossing Khatyar Khola reaches the largest lake of Nepal, the Rara Lake. There are few good lodges and guest houses built for the visitors.
Rest and excursion around the lake
You will explore the wonderful lake today. There is a wooden tower with the best view of the Rara Lake, surrounding green hills and snow-capped peaks. The area around the lake is amazing for excursion and rest.
Trek to Pina (2580m) via Jhyari [5 hours]
You will head towards the starting point Jumla enjoying the amazing vistas and wonderful scenery on the way. The trek begins with a climb to a ridge at Jhyari. Next, you will follow Jhyari Bira Khola downstream. Passing Dhauligar Khola Valley, you will reach Pina for overnight stay. Pina is a small farm village with lodges, tea shops, and moderate houses.
Trek to Chauta (2770m) [6 hours]
Morning trek into the serene woodland reaches Ghurchi Lagana Pass. The pass offers a wondrous vista of mountains and Buddhist prayer flags. Descending across a grassy meadow and a steep trail into a narrow valley of Chauta for overnight stay.
Trek to Tharamara (3270m) [6 hours]
You will trek following the Sinja Khola to Bumra village past the overhanging rock at Kamra, a source of the important herbal mineral, Silaji. Descending Sinja Khola and walking past Nyawre village, and a short climb reaches Tharamara ridge.
Trek back to Jumla
You will trek downhill reaching a green valley of rhododendron, oaks, pines forest. Leaving the forested area back into fertile farmland with well-tended terraces. Following the trail, you will cross several small villages reaching Jumla.
Flight to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
You will catch a flight to Nepalgunj after your morning breakfast and grab another flight to Kathmandu on the same day. The short flight takes you through amazing landscapes making it an amazing flight.
Rest and Sightseeing
A day is reserved for the unforeseen situations of flight delay or cancellations at Jumla. If you arrive early to Kathmandu you can relax, go sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley, or shop for souvenirs.
The amazing journey of Rara Trek has come to an end. You will be dropped at the airport several hours before your flight. You will have a lot of time to recall on the wonderful journey you’ve lived here in Nepal. With the grand farewell of our team, you will board on the flight willing to come back for your another wonderful adventure in Nepal.
The Trip Cost Includes
- International & Domestic airport pick up & drop by private transport.
- Last Night cultural/Farewell dinner at Typical Nepali restaurant
- Domestic flight tickets + Airport taxes for both ways (Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, Nepaljung - Jumla - Nepaljung and back to Kathmandu).
- Guide tour in Kathmandu (Private car + tour Guide).
- 4-night standard accommodation on B/B plan at Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Guide during the trek with Medical kits (his salary, food, insurance, accommodation, Our Company Sherpa guide their flight tickets)
- Your food 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek in the guest houses.
- Porters (their salary food, insurance, accommodation, 1 porter for two clients).
- Your accommodation in the mountain(Normal but neat & clean on twin sharing basis) in the teahouse during the trek.
- Permit fees (Rara National Park).
- TIMS card (Trekker’s Information Management System).
- Sleeping bag & Down jacket during the trek (need to be returned after finish your trek).
- Rescue Arrangements for emergency evacuation (just in case if you have any problem in the mountain during your trek rescue help from our company but money paid by your insurance company, need personal insurance).
- All Government tax.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- international flight ticket.
- All bar bills during the trek (soft drinks, hot drinks & alcoholic drinks).
- Monument entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Travel insurance required for emergency rescue and evacuation.
- Sweets, Cigarette, Telephone bills, hot shower, Battery Charge, Wi-Fi, Heater Charge and your personal expenses, equipment during your trek beyond I mentioned above in a price included a section.
- Any loss arising due to unforeseen circumstances is beyond hiker Himalaya
- Tips for field staff (Driver, Guide, porter)
Write a Review